Remove this ad

ArchiducCharles

Chef de bataillon

#21 [url]

Jun 26 12 8:13 PM

Re: Another round?

The rules are quite simple really :

You must paint the figures during a full moon, naked but wearing a bra on your head, while dancing to the 80s masterpiece Dancing in the streets http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G4jnaznUoQ

More seriously, Robert will surely post the rules again.

Basically :

Theme: Vignettes

-Any command stand, casualty marker, supply, or just simply ornamental stand of miniatures related to the Napoleonic wars.

-Stand not to exceed 100mm in any one of its dimensions, be it circular, square, rectangular or whatever. Any size or scale of miniature.

- As before, entries to be photographed "nude" (you know what I mean) at the beginning of the contest, with WIP pics being more than welcome.

- Contest would start on July 14th, closes on September 30th (Tokyo time)

Prizes to range from Thanks of Parliament, A passion-filled weekend with uninhibited supermodels, or a nicely printed certificate.

We're all betting it's going to be the week-end with uninhibited supermodels. Or the thanks from parliement.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Olsuviev

Chef de bataillon

#22 [url]

Jun 26 12 11:44 PM

ArchiducCharles wrote:
We're all betting it's going to be the week-end with uninhibited supermodels.

I've been in contact with some of the more attractive ones offering them auditions (wouldn't want the winner disappointed by lack-lustre performances, after all), but so far no serious replies.

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Jun 29 12 1:32 PM

Any chance of slightly changing the base criterion to 10k mm2, rather then 100mm in any dimension. My command stands are 120x80mm or 9.6k mm2.

It is the same available area to cover.

John

Rappelez-vous quel Voltaire a dit; "Dieu n'est pas du côté des grands bataillons, mais est du côté de ceux qui tirent mieux"

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Jun 29 12 4:01 PM

I am now happy I have made my request, because Iannick has learned some maths!

John

Rappelez-vous quel Voltaire a dit; "Dieu n'est pas du côté des grands bataillons, mais est du côté de ceux qui tirent mieux"

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Jul 8 12 8:20 AM

Dear All,

After having agitated for a second competition, I regret I find I must now withdraw. We met today for our Borodino 1812-2012 project and for the first time mustered all the troops for the game on the full size table.

I find myself short of 7 Russian Infantry Battalions and 2 Regiments of Polish Lancers, all needed in 2 months time! Not too bad a shortfall considering we are representing the entire Orbat, but nevertheless a major painting load to complete in just under 2 months! As you can imagine this will occupy all my painting time for the foreseeable....and I don't imagine any of these will be painted to Competition standards!

Hence my sheepish withdrawal. Best of luck to those gallant contenders still in the lists!

Quote    Reply   

14th brooklyn

Capitaine

#28 [url]

Jul 8 12 9:40 AM

Do not pull out this quick... after all the deadline for the competition is September 30th, which is almost 3 month as well. You might still find you have a week when you are done with the units for Borodino... or that you need to do a command stand in between to keep sane!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Neil

Adjutant-Chef

#29 [url]

Jul 10 12 7:21 PM

Sparker wrote:
Dear All,

After having agitated for a second competition, I regret I find I must now withdraw. We met today for our Borodino 1812-2012 project and for the first time mustered all the troops for the game on the full size table.

I find myself short of 7 Russian Infantry Battalions and 2 Regiments of Polish Lancers, all needed in 2 months time! Not too bad a shortfall considering we are representing the entire Orbat, but nevertheless a major painting load to complete in just under 2 months! As you can imagine this will occupy all my painting time for the foreseeable....and I don't imagine any of these will be painted to Competition standards!

Hence my sheepish withdrawal. Best of luck to those gallant contenders still in the lists![/quote

A man of your caliber should have those knocked out in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to see the finished project.

FORWARD MY CHILDREN

MIT GOTT FUR KONIG UND VATERLAND

Quote    Reply   

Olsuviev

Chef de bataillon

#30 [url]

Jul 11 12 3:55 AM

Contest details posted!

C'mon Sparker, no shirking. All those battalions will at least need some brigade commanders.

And of course, the Royal Navy has never recognized the concept of "impossible"!

Quote    Reply   

Olsuviev

Chef de bataillon

#32 [url]

Jul 11 12 1:03 PM

14th brooklyn wrote:
I saw we are now starting on the birthday of Salamanca not Bastille Day. You evil torturer, you. I am already bruning to start painting... every day that goes by just puts more details in my head! B-)

Just living up to my avatar's reputation.

Seriously, I will be very busy at work next week so I doubt I'd be able to find the time necessary to field any questions about the contest, and starting on the 22nd will give more time for people to ponder submission ideas.

Quote    Reply   

Olsuviev

Chef de bataillon

#34 [url]

Jul 11 12 11:08 PM

14th brooklyn wrote:
Will we be allowed to enter two like John did last time?

Indeed, and to quote from the competition rules:
Olsuviev wrote:
Participants may submit any number of entries that meet these criteria.

Just follow those creative urges!

Quote    Reply   

Lieutenant Hausmann

Sous-lieutenant

#35 [url]

Jul 13 12 12:49 AM

Hello,
I would like to join in the fun of our next comp.

Been surfing the forum but have struggled to sign in. Have tried deleting cookies, changed browsers but have had a hell of a time with my internet access (taken and age to upload pics to my blog), don't know how but I can sign in again and all appears smooth (smoother) again?

I have a few command stands I would like to add to my armies, always wanted to do a Leipzig command base with the 3 royal dudes in place.
Cheers
Paul

Quote    Reply   

Von Blucher

Capitaine

#36 [url]

Jul 13 12 12:43 PM

I'm in as I need to work on some more Prussian & create some new French command stands, and also some casualty stands.

John

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help